Cross Cultural Communications
Make a Payment
Becoming a 21st Century Leader
Becoming a 21ST Century Leader training program is custom-designed to improve the leadership, coaching and counseling skills of the participants through a knowledge, skills and attitude based approach, utilizing leading-edge proven, practical tools of successful leaders of very successful, globally competitive organizations in the 21ST century. Basic supervisory skills will be learned in the following areas:
- Communicating more effectively with the 21st century employee
- Coaching and counseling for attitude and performance improvement
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Managing different personality types
- Creating a motivational environment (leadership versus supervision)
- Developing position results descriptions (performance measurements)
- Conducting performance appraisals
- Delegating more effectively (getting profitable action from employees)
Training programs are based on consultation and discussion with the client on organizational issues and concerns, as well as Personal values and beliefs about leadership and management styles. Training can be targeted for a hierarchical management structure, a horizontal "flattened" management structure or a team-based team leader structure. The client and the trainer/executive coach can determine the focus of individual sessions to facilitate a "Just-In-Time" approach.
- To provide proven, practical leadership/coaching tools to participants.
- To emphasize how to avoid the ten fatal flaws of unsuccessful management in the '90's and gain an understanding of characteristics of successful 21st century leaders.
- To create paradigm shifts that dispel outmoded mental models of management style.
- To strengthen each participant's commitment to organizational goals and objectives and to see how the individual's management style can positively impact these objectives, through improved performance and bottom-line results.
- To create an environment conducive to learning and application of the tools and techniques provided.
- To assist the participants in creating a motivational climate for their team to optimize their personal leadership potential resulting in improved performance.
- Participants gain understanding of why the total effectiveness of the organization rests on the knowledge, abilities and skills to lead others and interact positively with others, in term of the organization's overall goals and objectives.
- Participants delve into their own mental models and value system for a keener understanding of their present management styles.
- Encourages participants to assess their own personal management styles in the context of the successful managers of the '90's and what will be required to successfully lead in the new millennium.
- Helps participants to develop strategies to improve their management/leadership styles for the long-term.
- Participants begin to view people development as important as economic results.
- Participants identify what needs they can satisfy that will cause their people to put out extraordinary effort for the company.
- Participants learn how to draw out the best in their people.
- Participants learn how to get commitment rather than compliance from their people.
- Participants identify ways to build trust between themselves and their group.
- Participants discover ways to turn problems into leadership successes.
- Participants gain an understanding of how to deal with different personality types including the "tough-type" employee or problem employee.
- Participants become familiar with the techniques of constructive praise, constructive criticism and positive feedback and utilize a 360 degree feedback tool to improve style.
- Participants learn how to communicate more effectively with team members, customers, peers and management.
- Participants become familiar with conflict resolution styles.
Contact Us Today